Sunday, October 23, 2011

To Be With the 99%, POTUS Must Fire Geithner

In my last piece, I talked about how Tim Geithner's job over the past five years has been to (a) print money, (b) give it to rich friends, and (c) deny everyone else legal and financial rights. This shows up everywhere, from the 0% you get on your savings account versus the insider information the rich get, to your lack of access to the Fed discount window. It's a symptom of bought government, which I try to expose on our show every day. (You can help by signing our petition at GetMoneyOut.com. )

I find it laughable to hear President Obama's spokesperson talking about how his campaign represents the 99%. For starters he'd have to fire Geithner, to prove he's not the leader of a bought government. After all, it is Geithner who took a system indirectly rigged to profit the 1% at the expense of everyone else, and institutionalized and formalized it during a crisis.
The reaction to my piece was explosive -- I've rarely gotten so many comments, thoughts, and questions on a single topic. So I think it's worth addressing some of them.
Dylan Ratigan, HuffPo
MSNBC


No comments:

Post a Comment