Sunday, August 26, 2012

Romney and Ryan: Right Wing Billionaires Think It's Time to Take the Gloves Off

Romney and Ryan: Right Wing Billionaires Think It's Time to Take the Gloves Off

I think that's wrong. I think that Romney has no principles. I think that the people behind him, the big money behind him, you know, like the Koch brothers and others, have decided that they've reached the point where they can take the gloves off and make it an open confrontation. This time you might say, I think, that they think they're looking at the final battle and that if they can win with this spineless opportunist, with this far-right near-authoritarian behind him, they can win with those guys, they can make a tremendous breakthrough, and [unintel.] Social Security [unintel.] Medicare, and this incremental rewriting of the U.S. welfare state will be over. It'll just be brought to an end. And I think that is the strategy that led Romney to make his choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment